The 3B Scientific A15 “Fred” life-size human skeleton model is posable for anatomical study of various human postures and pathological conditions. The A15 has a bendable spine to reproduce natural movement, including head and neck mobility, with emerging spinal nerves, vertebral arteries, and a disc prolapse between the third and fourth lumbar vertebrae for in-depth study. The model has a three-part skull, with individually inserted teeth for realistic dentition, and removable limbs for effective demonstration. The A15 is hand assembled for durability. Anatomical models are typically used as educational aids in medical and scientific classrooms and office settings.
The model has a natural cast for accurate representation. The skeleton consists of roughly 200 bones of approximate realistic weight, and is made of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) plastic, which is corrosion resistant, lightweight, and has high strength. PVC resists reactions with acids, gasoline, alcohol, and hydrocarbons. The skeleton is mounted on a five-foot stainless steel hanging roller stand for demonstration, and includes a plastic cover for dust-free storage.
The model measures 66.9 inches/170cm in height (H), which is the vertical distance from the lowest to highest point).
Science education products incorporate applied math and science principles into classroom and homeschool-based projects. Teachers in pre-K, elementary, and secondary classrooms use science education kits and products alongside science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) curriculum to demonstrate STEM concepts and real-world applications through hands-on activities. Science education projects include a broad range of activities, such as practical experiments in engineering, aeronautics, robotics, energy, chemistry, physics, biology, and geology.
3B Scientific manufactures anatomical models, simulators, charts, and other training materials for use in scientific, medical, and patient education. Founded in 1948 and headquartered in Hamburg, Germany, 3B Scientific meets ISO 9001: 2008 standards.
What’s in the Box?
- B005EI8ANM (1) 3B Scientific A15 Plastic Flexible Human Skeleton Model "Fred", Flexible, Feet and Hand Wire Mounted, 66.9 inches (H)
- Five-foot stainless steel hanging roller stand
- Plastic dust cover
- Life-size, posable human skeleton model for anatomical study of human postures and pathological conditions
- Bendable spine for reproducing natural human movement, including head and neck mobility
- Depicts emerging spinal nerves, vertebral arteries, and disc prolapse for in-depth study
- Three-part skull and removable limbs for effective demonstration
- Hand assembled for durability